This season, I am currently embracing and loving the coral trend – particularly those corals that lean towards orange! Corals were huge on the runway this season. A lot of the models strutted down the catwalk with their faces painted in warm, subtle juicy and tropical colors. When it comes to coral lipsticks, these are my two favorite picks – both from Chanel! In the pictures above, I have layered both of them for a nice mix of texture. By the way, layered lips are also a huge beauty trend this season! Continue Reading
I am not one to dress up all in red on Valentine’s Day however when it comes to beauty, I absolutely love to! A pop of red on the lips and/or nails on V-Day can prove to be very captivating. So, even if you are single, I still suggest you vamp up your Valentine’s Day with Red. These two gems from Wojooh are sure to do the trick! Continue Reading
Within Guerlain’s divine collection for Fall are the ‘KissKiss’ Shaping Cream Lip Colors.
“In her clutch, pressed between her fingertips, lies her weapon of lethal seduction. Her partner, her daily ally. Her KissKiss lipstick, a name that charms like a love letter. The lipstick she never leaves home without.“
In 1994, the original lipstick case was transformed into a work of art, a jewel developed like three sleek cubes. This year, KissKiss is dressed up in a chic little black dress. Beautiful, isn’t it?
The lipsticks are enriched with mango butter to ensure hydration, comfort and a velvety feel. The creamy texture feels so comfortable on the lips and lasts for about 4-5 on average for me, without eating. It has a light gloss finish. The lipsticks are scented with light vanilla and berries and there are 25 shades available on beauty counters now. I received three to try.
From the picture, you can see that the one to the right (Peach Fizz) looks different than the other two. It’s because when I received it, I applied it on my lips ASAP. I just couldn’t wait till I took the photos. I’ve always wanted a beautiful peach color for my lips and so glad I found my go-to!
What I love about this collection of lipsticks is that you can wear them anywhere and everywhere! There is no such thing as “Oh no – this is just way too shiny and sparkly for a business meeting or way too showy for shopping with friends.” It’s just perfect.
Guerlain KissKiss Shaping Cream Lip Color in Excessive Rose Swatch*
What do you guys think of the new collection of lipsticks from Guerlain?I suggest you head down to the beauty counters and try it on for yourself. You won’t regret it!
Lately, I’ve been wearing a couple of Guerlain must-haves.
Let’s find out what they are, shall we?
As you can see three of the above amazing products are from different brands which I will get to in a bit. First, let’s start with Guerlain. On my face, I wore the amazing Joli Teint Terracotta Foundation by Guerlain. You can read my review of the product here.
1. Guerlain Blanc de Perle Radiance Booster Sculpting & Brightening Foundation Protective Shield SPF 20 – PA++* – A mouthful, right? I know! This compact holds three shades ranging from pure white to deeper beige to give every woman the power to sculpt her face, create perfect proportions and be radiant. The product features the advanced P.E.A.R.L. Complex that helps to remove persistent dark spots and prevents new ones from forming. I love that it contains SPF 20 too. With this product, you are sure to get a radiant complexion. I use it by first mixing all three of the powders together and applying with my complexion blush then I use the darker and white color to contour and highlight with the help of the double-sided sponge provided, which is the suggested ‘Guerlain’ way to use it. I have the compact in 01 Beige Pale.
2. Guerlain Blanc de Perle Meteorites* – I call this ‘my pearls of light’! This iconic product with its multi-colored powder pearls and divine scent was created in 1987. It is now available in the Blanc de Perle range with a blend of matte, rosy and radiant blue-toned white pearls, combined with corrective colored pearls – yellow to counter redness and dullness, pink for freshness and mauve to attract the light. The most addictive part of this beauty product is its packaging, the beautiful delicate pearls and the violet scent! Love, love, love!
3. Guerlain Crazy Paris Eye Palette* – This palette contains four eye shadows and two powder liners which can be used either wet or dry. This palette is best for people like me, that prefer soft textures and hues. For my look, I used the top three eye shadows – Crazy Paris #1 which is a bright, golden copper, Crazy Paris #2 which is a golden beige with a metallic sheen and Crazy Paris #3 which is cool-toned silver-white frosted eye shadow. All of them have a gorgeous metallic sheen when applied. Crazy Paris#4 is a medium-dark pink with silver and white sparkle and the liners, Crazy Paris#5 is a medium-dark warm gray with a matte finish and Crazy Paris #6 is a rich, deep black with a matte finish. Crazy Paris was a limited edition introduced with the Christmas Collection in 2013.
Before telling you more about the final Guerlain product I used which just so happens to be my favorite, here’s the other three brands and their products that I used to create this muted look.
4. Rimmel Scandaleyes Thick & Thin Eyeliner* – Not only am I a sucker for the liquid eyeliner look, I am also a sucker at applying it. This eyeliner however, with its pen like packaging and 2-in-1 slanted felt tip helps a little bit. The 3D top allows you to choose whether you want a thick or thin liner, although I have to admit – I’ve had problems controlling the thickness of the line. It’s also water and smudge proof! What I love most about it is that it’s convenient and non-messy unlike other liquid liners. It also lives up to the 24-hour claim!
4. UNE Green Pride Volume Black Mascara* – UNE mascaras are my favorite because they’re organic, get the job done and are super easy to remove! The wand is sturdy enough and gives my lashes the length and volume that I desire. The best part however, is that it doesn’t clump my lashes. I always look for a mascara that has a good separating effect and this is one of those mascaras – so that’s a BIG win in my books!
5. M.A.C Powder Blush in Magenta – This blush is a bright magenta pink with a matte finish. It is highly pigmented and lasts for about 8 hours on the cheeks. I’ve had it for AGES and it is one of my go-to pink blushes.
Alright, back to Guerlain –
6. Guerlain Rouge G in Provocative* – This is one of my favorite lipsticks a.) because of its unique packaging and b.) because of its creamy texture and long-lasting effect.
What a beauty, eh? The luxurious black lacquered case that reveals a mirror when you take out the lipstick! GENIUS!
The lipstick is cool, vibrant pink with a delightful creamy texture that applies easily and leaves a shiny & satiny finish on the lips minus the shimmer and sparkle. It offers complete coverage yet it feels so light on the lips. It lasts for about 6-7 hours. I love wearing it on a night out in town. The beautiful packaging and wonderful formula makes me want to collect all the shades available! Who wouldn’t want to?
Yes, these are the three lipsticks that I’ve been wearing sooooo very often this month!
1. Max Factor’s Max Effect Gloss Cube in Hot Aubergine
This beautiful lip gloss from Max Factor comes in an elegant cube shaped container, hence the name. The texture of the gloss is in between thick and thin and has a gorgeous sheer finish. It’s not that long-lasting so I sometimes apply it over a lipstick such as the Jane Iredale one below!
2. Jane Iredale’s PureMoist Lipstick in Naomi
In one of my previous posts, I reviewed the PureMoist Rikki shade. The PureMoist lipsticks are extremely creamy & moisturizing with delicious scents and tastes. I wasn’t a fan of the Rikki on my skin tone however, I love this gorgeous, warm and matte mauve shade. This is one of those lipstick shades that suit most skin-tones. It is perfect!
3. Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in Sweetie
From the previous two lippies, I am sure you can tell how very fond I am of neutral shades but I do love to add a splash of brightness every now and then. This month, this baby from Rimmel has been my go-to for extra color! I found it lying around in my makeup bag and realized that I hadn’t even tried it since I bought it! Yes, I buy far too many things and then forget about it. Doh! Sweetie is a beautiful barbie pink shade with cool shimmer specks! It has a creamy texture yet it is not as moisturizing as I would like it to be…then again, it doesn’t dry my lips either so I suppose it’s okay. You can get up to 5 hours of almost perfect wear! I like wearing it at night for a bright pout!
What lipsticks have you been using the most this month?